At Milebuilders we want you to learn to love sailing as much as we do, so we have a number of ways you can get on board and start yachting. In addition to our sailing experience days, we run a number of RYA courses via our two associated RYA Training Centres, Deep Blue Sea Training based in Santa Catalina, Palma and Solaris Sailing based in Port Andratx.
The Start Yachting (Sail) course is designed to help complete beginners but is also good as a refresher course for qualified skippers. We want you to have fun and learn well, so our courses are structured to ensure you get the most from your time aboard.
Our 2021/2022 training fleet comprises of our magnificent new yacht, a Bavaria Cruiser 46 named “Claudi of London’, and an ultra-modern and well-equipped Beneteau Oceanis 43 named Ellie Lauren which is an excellent, spacious and comfortable sailing yacht.
On the Start Yachting course, you will have lots of fun learning the basics of boat handling, experience steering a yacht, sail handling, rope-work and be taught safety on board. During your two days on one of our excellent sailing yachts there will also be plenty of time to relax in the sunshine & appreciate the stunning scenery. To complete your first sailing experience you also have the option of one night sleeping onboard. The Start Yachting Certificate is awarded on completion of the course. This can be used to go on to complete the Competence Crew course in a reduced time of three days or two weekends.
- No age restriction, No pre-course experience or assumed knowledge required
BRING WITH YOU ON THE DAY
- Waterproof clothing. Sunscreen. Two photos with name and signature on reverse. Note: Life jackets will be provided but feel free to bring your own
- Duration: 2 days. Start and finish time: 09.30 to variable
- The yacht, Ropework, Underway, Rules of the road, Man overboard recovery, Clothing and equipment, Emergency equipment and precautions, Meteorology
- Please contact us with the dates you would like to do this course and we will try to arrange this for you